Nut Seed Crackers
These delicious crackers are easy to make and bursting with nutrients. Great for kids’ lunch boxes or as a healthy snack any time of the day!
- 1 cup of flaxseeds
- 1 cup of mixed nuts/ seeds ( eg: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds
- tsp sea salt
- ½ cup of drained sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Soak flaxseeds, nuts and seeds in water overnight.
- Drain and rinse the nuts and seeds thoroughly.
- Combine drained nuts and seeds in a food processor. Pulse to break up the mixture, but do not over-process.The chunky consistency is perfect for crackers.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- Spread mixture very thinly on two baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 50 degrees C for 3 hours, until crisp and dry. These crackers also work well in a dehydrater.
- Cut or break crackers into pieces and store in an airtight container. These should keep for 2 – 4 weeks