Imagine if there was a single herb that could help heal wounds and burns, reduce inflammation, boost skin tone, reduce dental plaque AND treat tendonitis?
Imagine no more! That’s Calendula in a nutshell.
(Well, in a flower)
Also known as marigold, Calendula is a hardy plant that flowers for most of the year, In fact, its name is derived from the Latin Calends, meaning “throughout the months”.
It’s a bright, sunny bloom that you’ll see growing in most gardens or parks. And it’s quite literally one of the most useful herbs ever to take root.
Why’s it so great?
Calendula has been used for centuries to treat gastrointestinal problems such as stomach upsets and ulcers. Today, it’s more often used to topical ailments – i.e., damaged skin or other external issues. In fact, some medical herbalists believe it’s the single most useful herb for healing skin.
Studies have shown that calendula flowers contain certain constituents that are antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and help to promote cell growth….
- It’s antibacterial: Calendula has been shown to exhibit antimicrobial activity against fungi and clinical pathogens
- It’s an antioxidant: Calendula extract has been shown to prevent oxidative stress to skin cells
- It’s anti-inflammatory and has anti-tumour-promoting potential
- It cleanses and heal wounds
- It promotes healing: Calendula helps to increase blood flow and oxygen to the treated area, stimulating new tissue growth.
- It Improves hydration and firmness of skin
- It promotes cell growth in damaged skin, wounds and ulcers.
- It helps heal achilles tendonitis
- It helps heal leg ulcers
- It can reduce dental plaque and gingivitis
Why do I need it?
All of the above studies show that Calendula is your go-to for treating an enormous range of ailments…
- Burns, cuts and other abrasions
- Varicose veins
- Chapped lips or hands
- Strained muscles and sprains
- Athlete’s foot
- Nappy rash
- Dry, itchy skin and dermatitis
- Stings or swellings
- Gum disease
- …. the list goes on!
Basically – unless you’re Superman, you’re bound to need Calendula for most things on most days of the week! And if you have children (especially small ones) you’d be crazy NOT to have a Calendula balm on hand!
Make your own Calendula balm – it’s cheap and easy!
A balm is one of the easiest ways reap the full benefits of Calendula. In fact, herbalists believe that Calendula is most therapeutic when used as a balm or as a Calendula-infused oil. And now it’s easy to make your own!
PureNature’s fantastic Make Your Own Calendula Balm Kit is the easiest and most cost-effective way to make your own healing Calendula balm. This kit has everything you need to make two 50ml pots of Calendula Balm. Keep one yourself and give the other to a friend! Only $16.90!